Reporting to the Internal Audit Manager this role will be responsible for delivering the strategic, commercial and financial projects recognized within the groups’ audit plan and to provide ongoing support to the Internal Audit function and controls across the Group.
- Take lead on the planning and preparation of individual projects that are part of the audit plan
- Undertake detailed analysis and stress test internal controls to define adequacy of models and also compliance with the company policies and procedures;
- Manage the strategy of financial and non-financial projects across the group whilst delivering analysis on information gathered to clarify the effectiveness of controls and efficiency of the processes;
- Conduct analysis across all aspects of Group and Commercial Business Unit performance, looking at critical business issues and potential root cause solutions;
- Undertake specific inspections or projects across the business as and when required;
- Support the follow-up process of internal audit suggestions to ensure effective and complete implementation of agreed measures;
- Prepare dedicated and concise reports for each project undertaken for consideration by relevant nation teams, Business Unit Management, Head of Functions, Executive Teams and the Internal Audit Committee;
- Find areas of improvement and efficiencies with the delivery of internal audit or facilitation of the risk management structure promoting constructive changes to ensure process improvements;
- Present results and findings from specific projects to the relevant Senior Management or Head of Functions;
- Support the strategic internal audit planning process and assist in the completion of the annual internal audit plan;
- Assist in the ongoing development of the Group Internal Audit function taking responsibility and accountability for key elements of strategy enhancement, implementation, and its operation;
- Mentor, facilitate and develop any project team colleagues seconded to projects guaranteeing delivery of all project objectives whilst providing beneficial personal development experience for all team members;
- Take managerial responsibility for individual projects assisting team members that will come from various functions/business unit backgrounds and in some instances no audit experience;
- Support the local team in boosting awareness and understanding of the company policies, procedures, and systems offering training or mentorship where required;
- Take responsibility for facilitating and entrenching an effective risk management framework within the business;
- Assume responsibility and accountability to support embedding the group’s standards and policies with respect to Anti-Bribery, Corruption, and Fraud.
- Manage Internal stakeholder relationships including internal audit team members, national teams, business management team, functions, exec team, and audit committee;
- Manage external stakeholder relationships which include external auditors, internal audit service providers, and liaise with other business consultants.
- Look for desired roles and continued development opportunities within the business and use the Internal Audit function as a stage for personal development.
- A graduate with a degree in a related area
- An accountancy qualification desired – CA/ACCA/CIMA Accountancy qualification – with 3+ year’s experience;
- Considerable experience within a Commercial Finance / Performance-based position or specialist function;
- Established project management experience;
- Strong communication across all levels of the business;
- Robust working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel;
- Experience of financial systems such as SAP is desired
- Ability to challenge leadership teams and traditional processes and thinking;
- Ability to be creative and take initiative;
- Driven to achieve continued professional growth;
- Established commercial awareness and the ability to develop strong relationships across all levels of management
Robert Half is working with a multinational Oil & Gas business that is looking to bring on board an internal auditor to work out of their Dubai office.
Salary & Benefits
Up to 30,000AED + benefits (dependant on qualifications and experience)
To apply for this job please visit www.roberthalf.ae.