Jobs in Dubai
We are currently looking for a Reservation Sales Agent who is responsible for handling reservations, inquiries and cancellations in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner, and quoting available rates to maximize room revenue according to Company standards and target.
- Answer all incoming calls promptly, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner.
- Answer guest inquiries about hotel services, facilities and hours of operation.
- Book room reservations while focusing on maximizing room revenue and average rate using standard rate quoting scenario at all times.
- Enter reservations into the computer according to standard operating procedures.
- Maintain the availability calendar and communicate all relevant information to the operations staff.
- Maintain accurate files and reports.
- Handle all special reservations, to include V.I.P. reservations, packages, and discounts.
- Book and block rooms using standards for Group Rooming Lists and Booking Agreements.
- Attend and give input on trends and opportunities to maximize revenue.
- Complete forecasts as required by management.
- Monitor daily sales activity and alert Guest Services Manager of sold-out nights, group status and possible problem situations.
- Post-no-show revenue daily, if required at the property.
- Be able to perform all duties of Guest Services Agent as needed.
- File reservations and group contracts.
- Review Reservations logbook and Guest Request log on a daily basis.
- Send confirmations.
- Process advance deposit/balance sheet.
- Process brochure requests.
- Forecast packages according to standards.
- Research travel agent commissions.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- College course work in the related field is helpful.