Jobs in Dubai
- Implements the day-to-day operations assigned for the Project Management department to ensure compliance with the established standards and procedures
- Responsible for planning and running of the projects allocated by the Manager-Ship Repair.
- Liaise with the Trades and make all necessary schedules for the project (preliminary, completion and revisions.) Ensure that all activities relating to the project are properly planned and that the plans and responsibilities are understood by all concerned parties. Identify any yard process which may cause delays or which can be optimized and propose solutions for the same.
- Responsible for monitoring the progress of the project to ensure timely delivery of assignments while maintaining standards and cost-effectiveness. Ensure programs are front lined on a daily basis. Develop contingency plans in advance in case items on the critical path are delayed.
- Effectively manage the project team including personnel from the functional departments and ensure effective communication at all times
- Arrange project meetings, internal and external as necessary to ensure the effective management of the Tracks trade’s man-hours. Ensure proper control of working man-hours and efficiently co-ordinate with the Invoicer.
- Track the cost of consumables which are being booked on the projects and maintain effective control on the same.
- Customer care. Accountable for daily contact with the customers representative to report status, resolve the issue and negotiate changes to the schedule.
- Ensure that all project/contract deliverables including final documentation are properly submitted to the client in a timely manner. Ensure project documents are maintained complete, current and stored appropriately.
- Ensure the project closeout reports are maintained which includes the project evaluation, assessment of the results and lessons learned.
- Perform other jobs related duties as assigned by the section head.
- Project team to work closely to develop, and understand customer requirements.
- Identify any potential risks related to the project and effectively communicating with trades/clients.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with internal and external stakeholders, including the Planning and commercial to ensure compliance with the regulations and project specifications.
- Ensure that all operations carried out to conform to the safety, quality and environment standards of the yard and meet the customers’ expectations.
- Track trade man-hours. Ensure proper control of man-hours and efficiently coordinate with invoicer and Trades.
- Track the cost of consumables/materials which are being booked on the projects.
- Prioritizing jobs carried out onboard as per project requirements and allocating resources based on the availability of work fronts.
- Controlling costs pertaining to the project, Monitoring / controlling man-hours Capturing additional jobs.
- Develop project Status reporting.
- Chief Engineer – Marine(Preferred), Naval Architect or Mechanical Engineering
- Project Management skill & experience in Ship Repair, Conversion & NB.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience