The Manager Digital Technology has the overall responsibility of leading end to end enterprise-wide technology delivery to the lines of business. This position will play a critical role in the transformation and building strategic roadmap for tangible outcomes.
Manager Digital Technology will be responsible for executing transformational initiatives through emerging technologies such as data-driven initiatives, business intelligence, and predictive analytics, AI automation and customer-centric mass personalization.
Success in this role requires business acumen, managing the key stakeholders at the enterprise level and leveraging on internal IT capabilities (PMO, architects, QA, Platform Management)
1. Build a strong understanding of Big Data and AI/ML technology and airline industry developments, develop a strategic technology roadmap.
2. Work with lines of business, internal teams and partners to determine best use-cases, deployment, and adoption of Big Data, AI/ML and related technologies. Help stakeholders to priorities the initiatives
3. Understand the ‘big picture’ for a solution by considering all potential options in the impacted area, assist in the evaluation of new solutions and technologies
4. Influence and build relationships with lines of business stakeholders, CIO leadership, external service providers, and architecture teams
5. Work closely with the business and technical leadership to build programs that accelerate the adoption of new technologies
6. Derive technical specifications from business requirements and express complex technical concepts in terms that are understandable to multi-disciplinary teams
7. Lead the work program, align to the Enterprise Data Management Policy and standards in parallel with a major transformation from legacy technology platforms to a new SaaS delivery model.
8. Understand and uncover business challenges in adopting AI/ML and show how new technologies help them provide new services, new capabilities, and new efficiencies
9. Participate in deep architectural discussions to build confidence and ensure business outcomes when building new and migrating existing applications, software, and services on the platform
10. Be part of the technology COE (Centre of Excellence), develop internal teams, build in-house capabilities and spread the adoption of new technologies
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- A university degree in IT, engineering or equivalent
Master’s degree in computer science, engineering or related technical degree
- 8+ years of experience in technical leadership, product management, and IT-Business alignment
10+ years of experience in delivering complex enterprise-wide business technology solutions with 5+ years’ experience on Big Data, AI/ML and emerging technologies
5+ years of data management experience, data governance and data stewardship
Knowledge / Skills
- Broad and deep experience in both the business and technical aspects of Big Data, AI/ML and emerging technologies
Experience in delivery of enterprise-wide transformational initiatives
Knowledge of airline industry practices, processes, and applications
Certificate / License required
- Self-study, completed online courses on emerging technologies
- Experience in designing and implementing analytical environments and business intelligence solutions, AI/ML predictive analytics and cognitive computing
- Experience in building customer-centric solutions, recommendation engines, NLP and mass personalization
- Proven experience in people management, direct team management, risk management, and change management
- Strategic Thinking
- Business Acumen
- Inspiring & Developing Others
- Decision Making
- Customer Focus
- Effective Communication
- Personal Accountability & Commitment to Achieve
- Resilience and Flexibility (can-do attitude)
To apply for this job please visit careers.flydubai.com.