To generate timely, effective and safe operational flight plans and pre-flight briefings for scheduled and non-scheduled flights throughout the Company’s network in compliance with Air Arabia policies and procedures, and GCAA/CAA regulations.
Supports the Company’s operational control and dispatch reliability by efficiently responding to irregular and emergency requirements taking into account safety, efficiency and customer satisfaction
Key Result Responsibilities
- Generates flight plans, pre-flight briefings, and amendments for scheduled, non-scheduled, training, and test flights, taking into consideration business requirements.
- Monitors the performance and trends of the flights through the system based on different criteria and conditions.
- Analyzes available data to identify cost, weather, curfew, and accordingly recommend to Operations Controller the most cost-effective routes and plan accordingly.
- Well as the associated limitations on operational capabilities such as weather, NOTAMs, NAV Facilities, Air Traffic Control, Air Traffic Flow, MEL requirements, etc.
- Provides the Captain-in-command with a thorough flight crew briefing, covering all significant information, which may affect his/her flight.
- Transmits to ICAO all Flight Plan requirements directly or through Air Arabia approved handling agent in the country of operation.
- Coordinates with Operations management and Captains to manage irregular operations.
- Employs all possible tools and channels, during emergencies, to convey necessary safety-related information to the Captains in Command to ensure the safe conduct of the flights, and initiates procedures prescribed in the Operations Manual whilst ensuring abidance by GCAA/CAA and Air Traffic Procedures.
- Deputizes the Operations Controller in assessing accidents/incidents and in initiating the Emergency Response Accident/Incident Notification Procedures as well as the corporate notification process.
- Ensures all LIDO Flight Planning data maintenance-related functions are carried out so that all OFP’s are produced correctly
- Monitors the flight plans on a daily basis ensuring necessary data maintenance is properly carried and Flight Plans are produced in line with applicable regulations.
- Liaises with LIDO on any flight plans related issues, to implement remedial actions immediately.
- Ensures smooth workflow between shifts by carrying proper handover/takeover pre and post flights.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages)
- Valid Flight Dispatch License from an ICAO Contracting State
- Bachelor’s degree in Science/Math/Aeronautical Engineering/ Industrial Engineering or equivalent.
- Basic Airport, security procedures and regulations training is an advantage
- Excellent in written and verbal communication skills, Technical reports writing, presentations, etc.
- Fluent in the English Language.
- At least 3+ years of experience as a licensed flight dispatcher in a commercial airline with a fleet of more than 5 aircraft.
- Experience in a low-cost airline will be preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge and working experience with Civil Aviation Authorities and regulatory bodies, preferably GCAA;
- Familiarity with rules and regulations of CAR, FAR, JAR, and IOSA pertaining to Flight Operations and working procedures.
- Working Pattern: Rotating Shift Duties
- Working Hours: 12 hours shift duties as per operational requirements
To apply for this job please visit careers.airarabia.com.