Jobs in Dubai
- Responsible for creating and controlling piping engineering drawings for construction based on either or all of P&IDs / Client drawings/calculations/ International standards / written or verbal instructions provided by piping engineers
- Follow and comply with information Security Rules and data security measures in order to protect the company information / intellectual properties.
- Prepare engineering drawings/documents from inputs/specifications as described above to meet project targets.
- Prepare 3-D models in compliance to department’s 3-D modeling procedure, attend model reviews as required and carry out detailed production designs.
- Decide pipe routing as per available space, to meet functional / safety logic/project requirements/regulations relevant to the project.
- Produce pipe fabrication isometrics, support fabrication and piping arrangement drawings and assist piping engineers for making MTOs.
- On-board or site visits for site measurements, 3-D scanning and based on those inputs piping / supports routing finalization for new piping and re-routing of existing piping for conversion/repair or RIAP projects.
- Assist piping engineers during the technical evaluation of piping components and equipment.
- Revision of piping engineering deliverables to accommodate changes and enhancements.
- Prepare bill of materials
- Attend site issues raised by production trades and as instructed by Piping Engineer’s and issue red mark-ups / updated production drawings as applicable for faster resolution in consultation with piping engineer and concerned production trades.
- Ensure that the Safety, Quality & Environment requirements of the yard are strictly followed.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the section head.
- Bachelor Degree or Draughtsman Diploma in relevant Engineering disciplines
- Proficient with software such as PDMS /AUTOCAD 2013(2D & 3D) or later version CADmatic Outfitting, FORAN / PDMS
- Minimum 3 years experience in shipyard offshore / oil & gas industry in the design office.
- Trained and knowledgeable with relevant Safety and Occupational Health & Safety standards.
- Should be competent in both manual drawing skills as wells as computer-based application, such as automated computer-assisted drafting (CAD) and 3-D model software.
- Thorough knowledge in both two dimensional and three-dimensional techniques.
- Conceptualization skills to visualize finished drawings and assigned projects
- Ability to generate complete discipline drawings with Engineer’s supervision.
Engineering or Draughtsman Diploma